Six years of successful sales, marketing, and technical leadership
Proven performance driving rapid sales growth, capturing customer product requirements, and developing a new line of business in a chaotic entrepreneurial environment. Talented and hard-working professional with design, sales, and marketing experience with RF, microwave, and mm-wave electronic components, and signal integrity test & measurement instruments.
Core competencies include:
- Creativity and innovation
- Initiative and risk-taking
- Honesty and integrity
- Planning and organizing
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Communication and influence
CENTELLAX, INC., Santa Rosa, CA; 2002 to present
Director of Test Solutions (Sep 2009 to present). Conceived and developed a new line of business to address an emerging market. Consulted with key customers to ensure market adoption. Recruited and currently manage software engineering team and consultants. Report to CEO and present quarterly to Centellax Board of Directors.
- Lead development of “Test Solutions” software. Developed core algorithms, defined software requirements, authored application notes, and wrote LabView, C# and Python prototype code. Successfully delivered beta-version product to tradeshows and to key customers – on-time and on-budget.
Director of Sales (2005-2009). Drove product sales across three lines of business: telecom components, RF/microwave components, and test & measurement instruments. Recruited and managed 6-person domestic sales team and 25 international representative and distributor firms. Reported to CEO and presented quarterly to Centellax Board of Directors.
- Increased sales 200% in three years. Personally managed key accounts in US, Canada, UK, and Eastern Europe. Consistently exceeded sales forecasts and was the company’s top sales performer.
- Brought Centellax to profitability. Drove rapid growth without compromising profit margins. Developed pricing and positioning strategies based on competitive landscape. Managed product life-cycles with operations and R&D.
- Implemented Salesforce CRM. Developed territory sales management techniques, built reporting systems, and worked closely with operations to develop build-to-forecast. Connected website to CRM for marketing and customer support purposes.
- Launched new products and defined marketing strategy. Coordinated product introduction campaigns, directed support efforts, and managed training sessions.
Applications Engineer (2004-2005). Provided product and application support across three lines of business for domestic and international customers. Developed product-related marcom material: datasheets, technology primers, application notes, and advertisements.
- Designed and implemented the Centellax website. Website included secure online ordering and was designed for marketing weblog analysis. Search-engine optimized code ranked us above competitors on key search terms.
Design Engineer (2002-2004). Designed high-speed circuits and packages for 40Gb/s modulator drivers. Integrated MMICs into modules, optimized product performance, and successfully transitioned R&D efforts into a viable product.
NORTEL NETWORKS, INC., Ottawa, ON, Canada; 1997 to 2001
Design Engineer (2000-2001). Modeled, designed, and optimized 40Gb/s structures and electromagnetic transitions. Tested and characterized manufactured devices.
Design Assistant (1999). Performed feasibility study and designed tuning structures for LMDS SATCOM modules (30GHz). Wrote HFSS scripts and tools for iterative modeling.
Engineering Assistant (1998-1999). Production prime for SAW filters and 10Gb/s filter module. Performed lab work and ran a large-scale data and failure analysis study.
2011 Master of Business Administration, General Management; GPA: 3.9
University of California at Davis (Working Professional program); San Ramon, CA
2002 Master of Applied Science, Electrical Engineering; GPA: 11.5/12
Ottawa-Carleton Institute of Electrical and Computer Engineering; Ottawa, ON, Canada
1999 Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Carleton University; Ottawa, ON, Canada